Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Guardians of The Treasure

I would like to start my jewelry making journey with you by sharing the most complicated piece I made thus far - my pride and joyful accomplishment - my Guardians.
It was a spontaneous decision to participate in international beading contest Bead Dreams 2015. I was a little skeptical about completing my project by the deadline, but i made it. It was my very first serious competition and needless to say I was a bit nervous. I looked at previous competitors and winners, who are professional beaders, and was a little intimidated by their experience; after all - I am only an amateur.
It took me a little over a month to complete the piece. I created it using only Swarovski Crystals and mostly 24K gold plated beads, leather cord, and FireLine thread 6LB. I used my own technique - Evelikt (that's what I call it, but not official yet).




What is great about this technique - the backside looks as good as the front of the piece :)
After nervous waiting period I finally received the words I was waiting to hear "Congratulations! Your piece Guardians of The Treasure earned 2nd Place in Crystal Jewelry category". I was absolutely OK with my win :)
HERE is the list of 2015 Bead Dreams winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment