Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Changing Direction

I started this blog to share my fashion but have not used it since 2013. To be honest, I kind of lost interest in sharing what I wear. I don't really see how anybody can benefit from it :)

My newly discovered passion is beads. Beading has become my only creative outlet and self-expression. I create beaded jewelry with high-end materials (beads, semi-precious, and precious stones) using my own technique. I do not use any instructions, do not recreate somebody's ideas, and do not repeat my own. But it does not mean I have not looked at already established techniques in numerous sources. In fact, that is where I started. I had no idea what beads were all about and it was not even the medium that I had ever considered working with. I assumed there was a certain way of connecting one bead to another and started my research. Now, when I have an idea of sizes, shapes, materials, techniques of sewing beads together, I love browsing through works of different masters. It is quite inspiring to see verity of complex and simple designs created by professionals. Here are some of my favorite: Guzel Bakeeva, Irina Prisyazhnyuk, Alla Maslennikova, Nadezhda Belokon, Olyonushka, Irina Slobodyanik, Agija Rezcova, Apollinaria Koprivnik, Valentina Telpiz. I will post more later.

To satisfy numerous requests I will be sharing instructions with anybody who would like to learn to do what I do.
I already posted links (you can find them on the right side) of suppliers I use. Periodically, if anybody is interested, I can post reviews based on my experiences with each supplier or you can ask me about a particular one before considering to order from them.
I post a lot of pictures of my creations on Instagram, if you ever wish to visit me there :)

I hope you, bead lovers, can find this helpful. You can share your thoughts and ideas on this blog as well. Happy beading! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment